Saudi Oil Minister to Address 19th Asia Oil & Gas Conference
19 April 2017, Kuala Lumpur – With OPEC due to decide at the end of May whether to prolong production cuts, the organisers of the 19th Asia Oil & Gas Conference (AOGC 2017) are delighted to confirm the attendance of H.E. Khalid Al-Falih, Minister of Energy, Industry & Mineral Resources, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
Minister Al-Falih will deliver the state of the industry address on the opening morning of the conference, which will take place in Kuala Lumpur from 7 - 9 May 2017.
As the world’s largest exporter of crude, and a leading member of OPEC, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia plays a pivotal role in the global oil and gas industry. AOGC 2017 will be the place for attendees to listen to the Minister’s insights into OPEC’s production strategy, rebalancing of global supply and demand, the rise of U.S. unconventionals, the growing importance of renewables and many other topical issues.
“It is a great honour to have the Saudi Energy Minister present at the conference as a person who has been perhaps the most responsible for creating stability back to the market.” said Dr. Fereidun Fesharaki, AOGC 2017 Conference Chairman.
Other conference sessions will consider disruptive societal and technological changes and the need to innovate faster and collaborate better. Among the industry leaders taking part in the conference will be:
- Datuk Wan Zulkiflee Wan Ariffin, President & Group CEO, PETRONAS;
- Ryan M. Lance, Chairman & CEO, ConocoPhillips;
- Dr. Fereidun Fesharaki, Chairman, FGE;
- Dr. Bakheet Al Katheeri, CEO, Mubadala Petroleum;
- Amjad Bseisu, CEO, EnQuest;
- Abdulaziz Al-Judaimi, Senior Vice President, Downstream, Saudi Arabian Oil Company (Aramco);
- Eelco Hoekstra, Chairman of the Executive Board & CEO, Royal Vopak;
- Yenni Andayani, Director of Gas, Pertamina;
- Ieda Gomes, Senior Visiting Fellow & Senior Adviser, Oxford Institute for Energy Studies and FGV Energia;
- Wuttikorn Stithit, EVP, Natural Gas Supply & Trading, PTT Public Company Limited;
- Ziad S. Al-Labban, CEO, Sadara Chemical Company
Attendees will also have the opportunity to visit an exhibition at which local and international exhibitors will be showcasing the latest technologies, products and services. There will be numerous opportunities to network with over 2,000 expected attendees representing the oil and gas, service and equipment, transport and logistics, finance and investment and education and training sectors.
The event is hosted by PETRONAS and sponsored by Sapura Energy Berhad, Saudi Aramco, Shell, Mitsubishi Corporation, Mubadala Petroleum, Murphy Oil, TechnipFMC and Weststar Aviation Services, among others.
Home >> Energy and Industry Section