IKEA Announces Fun-Filled Summer Academy For Children!
Youngsters invited to enjoy two months of interactive indoor activities at IKEA over the summer holiday
Dubai, 27 June 2017: IKEA, the Swedish home furnishing retailer, has announced its plans for children across the UAE keeping them busy and entertained over the summer holidays. IKEA will be hosting the IKEA Summer Academy – a series of different indoor workshops for children aged six to 10. Beginning the 5th July up until the end of August, just before school term begins, youngsters can join the Academy and spend every Wednesday afternoon from expanding their creative and crafting skills through a series of educational and interactive activities.
Special prizes will be awarded by IKEA for consistent Summer Activity participants. Every child will receive a personalised booklet and for each session they attend they will be rewarded a sticker. For every three stickers earned, participants will get a prize!
- 5 July Workshop – Make art using recycled plastic and paper bottles
- 5 July Entertainment – Learn how to do magic tricks
- 12 July Workshop – Make a real home theatre with your friends
- 12 July Entertainment – Let’s play! Traditional and modern table games
- 19 July Workshop – Create your own terrarium
- 19 July Entertainment – Learn how to draw Henna patterns
- 26 July Workshop – Create the home of your dreams
- 26 July Entertainment – Let’s play! Role-playing games
- 2 August Workshop – Plant seeds to grow a beautiful range of flowers
- 2 August Entertainment – Dance! Discover traditional dances from different nationalities
- 9 August Workshop – Surprise your parents with yummy muffins that you cooked and decorated by hand
- 16 August Workshop – Prepare decorations for your home party
- 16 August Entertainment – Let’s play a party-game challenge together
- 23 August Workshop – Create a unique school exercise book
- 23 August Entertainment – Learn how to do magic tricks!
- 30 August – Back to School Party, with a variety of fun games
- This programme is organised from July 5, 2017 to August 30, 2017.
- The activities are scheduled every Wednesday, between 2 to 5 pm. Detailed schedule is presented in the booklet.
- Participants should be aged between 6 to 10 years old.
How to participate in the Summer Academy:
- Choose a suitable date from the schedule to visit IKEA Dubai.
- Register your child for an activity of your choice. (A child should be registered by his/her parents or another legal representative.)
- Get the personalised booklet.
How to win prizes from IKEA:
- Participants should register between July 5, 2017 to July 9, 2017 to get prizes within the Summer Academy.
- For participation in each activity, every participant gets a sticker.
- To get a prize, a participant has to collect at least 3 stickers.
- Different prizes will be presented to children for collecting a set of 3, 6 and 9 stickers.
Home >> Events & Exhibitions Section